Saturday April 4th
5K and 1K Fun Run
Get Outta Your Rut and Run! – Join us for a most unusual 5K and 1K Fun Run experience. The 5K takes in the historic Oregon-California Trail, Wesley Nature Trail, and mowed pathways with scenic vistas from one of the highest points in Douglas County. The 1K Fun Run is especially family/youth friendly on an improved surface – Wesley Nature Trail.
FUMC WEST CAMPUS 867 US-HWY 40 Lawrence, KS 66049 Easily accessed from Hwy 40, just west of K-10 on the West side of Lawrence on the FUMC West Campus grounds. Paved parking, indoor restrooms, and warming areas.
Cross-country-style 5K Run route course:
• Includes a portion of the Oregon-California Trail listed on the National Register of Historic Places
• Leashed, friendly dogs are allowed, at the back.
• Sorry, NOT jogging stroller friendly
Family and kids 1K Fun Run:
• All-weather surface (asphalt and gravel) Wesley Nature Trail
• FREE. No registration required.
• Suitable for jogging strollers and your leashed dog.
Walkers Welcome Too!
Race Day, Saturday, April 4
7:00-8:30 Packet pick up and on-site registration
7:00-8:45 Course open for inspection and warmups
8:45 Pre-race meeting
9:00 5K race start
10:15 5K awards
10:30 1K Fun Run start
Early packet pickup: Friday, April 3rd 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Ad Astra Running 734 Massachusetts St, Lawrence, KS 66044
• Age-Group/Gender awards for the first three places
• Overall top three places female and male
• Participation medallions for all participants including the 1K
Westward Ho! benefits Family Promise of Lawrence, helping families who are experiencing homelessness through case management and connections with local supports. Family Promise has expanded services to help families through prevention, crisis, and stabilization. You can give added support to Family Promise by running in their 5K HOME RUN on Memorial Day!