Current Openings at First Church
Downtown Porter Position – Part Time
This position helps prepare the church building for worship, Sunday School and fellowship activities by doing set-up, light cleaning and other tasks as assigned. The porters are responsible for cleaning and closing up the building after services. Porters are required to be at the church from 7:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. every Sunday. For more information, contact Marc Ridenour at email@example.com.
Type of Employment: Regular, Full Time
Nature of Employment: Support Staff
Nature of Work: The Media Manager uses all forms of Media to pulicize for all facets of the church to the congregation and the community. This individual oversees all aspects of Media within the church and has the authority for final approval on all written and social media areas.
Line of Authority: The Media Manager reports to the Office Manager. This person works cooperatively with the Church Administrative Assistant, and closely with pastoral and program staff for preparing documents relevant to their areas of ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares layout and types the weekly and special worship service bulletins and inserts.
- Prepares ProPresenter for Downtown Sunday services.
- Prepares PowerPoint slides for the Downtown campus.
- Publishes, prepares and assures completing of mailing of the newsletter.
- Manages content of the church website and oversees content on all church-affiliated social media websites. Must be a listed administrator for all social media outlets representing the church.
- Prepares and submits as needed church briefs and places advertisements.
- Works with staff to prepare special projects.
- Archives the worship service audio/video tapes, makes copies as requested and edits for podcasting as needed.
- Resource for training for other staff for computer technology.
- Staff liaison for the Communications Team
- Understanding the ChurchSuite software and moving forward to advance technology for the church to utilize the various aspects of it.
A. Shall be sympathetic with the Christian faith and the purposes of The United Methodist Church.
B. Knowledge of personal computers, the functions and operations of a data base, and word processing (preferably Word), desk top publishing (preferably Publisher), PowerPoint, and spreadsheet (preferably Excel) programs. Knowledge of spelling, grammar, arithmetic, and office practices and procedures. Some knowledge of how to operate multiline telephone systems, copiers, printers, postage meter and other typical office machines. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign and Photoshop).
C. Skill in typing and word processing; strong communication skills for face-to-face and telephone interactions; strong organizational and project management skills; skill in document and publication layout and design.
D. Ability to communicate effectively with people; to maintain effective working relationships with staff and volunteers; to convey a caring and welcoming attitude; to make decisions consistent with facts and established policies and procedures; to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion; to learn the church management system software; to complete “Child Protection” and CPR training; to maintain records and files.
E. Experience working with Audacity and SoundCloud is helpful.
F. Experience working with WordPress and Hootsuite preferred.
G. Knowledge and experience utilizing social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to promote events.