Current Openings at First Church
Downtown Porter Position – Part Time
This position helps prepare the church building for worship, Sunday School and fellowship activities by doing set-up, light cleaning and other tasks as assigned. The porters are responsible for cleaning and closing up the building after services. Porters are required to be at the church from 7:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. every Sunday. For more information, contact Marc Ridenour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Children’s Ministries
Time Required – Approx. 20 hours per week.
- Responsible for all ministries and programs for newborn children through grade 5
- Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate all staff and volunteers, including all nursery workers
- Purchase curriculum and supplies
- Publicize program opportunities
- Attend staff, committee, and other meetings as directed
- Be visible and available at the west campus on Sunday mornings, and secure leadership for Children’s Time and Children’s Church at both worship services
- Resource the downtown Sunday School leaders and programs
- Organize all-church, all-children activities 4 times a year
- Provide opportunities for spiritual growth through weekend and mid-week events
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration – Planning, organizing, recruiting, preparing, and
implementing. Training and instruction of volunteers and staff.
- Leadership – Leading and coordinating events such as Sunday School, VBS, 3rd Grade Bible Retreat, all-church children’s events, and other activities.
- Communications – Scheduling and communicating with parents and
volunteers. Updating bulletin boards. Phone calls and emails.
- Meetings – Staff, Children’s Ministries, and Preschool Board
Line of Authority: Senior Pastor